Easton Township was first organized as Pickert Township on Saturday, April 24, 1886 when the county commissioners met with the free holders of the township at the home of Nate Carpenter located on the Northwest l/4 of 22. The following were voted in as the first township officers. Supervisors were James H. MacLean, chairman, Leonard Verwest, and John Oxton; Town clerk F. E. Pease, Town treasurer Herbert N. Horner, Town assessor G. W. Winchell, two justices of the peace, John Duncan and J. P. Pease, two town constables, Robert Patterson and George A. St. John, road commissioner, Wellington Van Dusen, overseer of poor, Hamilton Ward.
The name was changed from Pickert Township to Easton Township between the dates March 26, 1895 and June 24, 1895.
Present officers of Easton Township are as follows: Supervisors, Nolan Verwest, Chairman, H. L. Vinje, and Archie Gilbertson, Clerk, John M. Sund, Treasurer, Alfred Simonson, Assessor, Bennie Simonson, Constable, Delmer Paulson.
Source: Finley 75th Diamond Jubilee 1897 – 1972 Page 79